Houston Chi Omega Alumnae Scholarship and Chi Omega Mothers' Club of Houston
The Houston Chi Omega Alumnae Association has a strong commitment to education. Through our membership and fund raising efforts we have been able to award over $171,355 in scholarships to assist Houston area Chi Omega actives with their tuition. The Chi Omega Mothers' Club sponsors scholarships to assist with dues for actives nationwide.
Qualifications for all scholrship recipients:
- Must be an initiated (by April 2017) and active chapter member in good standing in the semester that the award is announced.
- All required documents must be included in one electronically submitted complete application package.
- Must be an undergraduate rising sophomore, junior or senior.
- Applicant must have graduated from a high school in the greater Houston Recruitment area with the following exceptions:
- The non-legacy applicants who reside inside or outside of the greater Houston Recruitment area MUST have their mother or grandmother listed as a current dues paying member of the Chi Omega Mothers' Club of Houston.
- Legacy applicants who reside inside or outside of the greater Houston Recruitment area MUST have either mother or grandmother as a current dues paying member of both Chi Omega Alumnae Association of Houston and the Mothers' Club of Houston.
- Applicant must have a minimum CUMULATIVE GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grade scale and be a full time student.
Both Tuition and Active Dues Scholarships are available.
Applications will be available on-line on November 14, 2016
Deadline for submission is on or before February 15, 2017
Please contact Carey Dow email@example.com with any questions.
Psi Zeta House Corporation Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded by the Psi Zeta of Chi Omega Building Association and will be applied towards University of Houston tuition and the Psi Zeta House Corporation dues.
- Applicant must be a member of the Psi Zeta chapter
- Applicant must be a member in good standing
- Applicant must be a full-time student in her sophomore, junior or senior year
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above
- Applicant should display a balanced, well-rounded academic and extracurricular educational experience
- Applicant should exemplify the qualities set forth in the Chi Omega Symphony
- Applicant should display a strong sense of sisterhood and outstanding commitment to Chi Omega
Deadline for submission is on or before March 1, 2017
For questions, please contact House Corporation President, Geyer Dybesland at Geyer.Wise.Dybesland@gmail.com
Houston Area Panhellenic Foundation Scholarships
The Houston Area Panhellenic Foundation awards scholarships to active undergraduate members of National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) sororities who are permanent residents of Harris County, Texas. Applicants must be enrolled full-time and attend any accredited college or university in the United States.
Financial need, scholarship achievement, participation in sorority activities and participation in extracurricular activities, both on and off campus are considered.
To access the HAPF Scholarship application, click here, and scroll to the bottom of the page.
Application deadline is February 15, 2017 and award winners will be notified in the spring.
Chi Omega Foundation Scholarship Opportunities
Alumnae Educational Grant
The Alumnae Educational Grant program was established in 1997 by the Foundation Board of Trustees in order to meet the needs of alumnae, 24 years of age or older, desiring to further their education through part-time and full-time studies. Ten $1,000 grants will be awarded in the spring of 2017 on the basis of need, merit and idividual goals for study at the college, university and vocational or technical school levels.
The deadline for submitting applications and all requested materials for the Alumnae Educational Grant is February 1, 2017.
Elizabeth Carmichael Orman Memorial Scholarship
For Chi Omega members enrolled in their junior year of college. In addition to academic and service requirements, applicants must demonstrate a need for financial assistance in order to complete the senior year. Six $1,300 scholarships will be awarded in the spring of 2017.
The deadline for submitting applications and all requested materials for Elizabeth Carmichael Orman Memorial Scholarship is March 1, 2017.
Mary Love Collins Memorial Scholarship
The Mary Love Collins Memorial Scholarship was established to assist Chi Omega's interested in pursuing full-time graduate work. Recipients are selected on the basis of scholarship , aptitude, personal and professional goals, and contributions and service to Chi Omega, the University and the community. Six $2,500 scholarships will be awarded in the spring of 2017.
The deadline for submitting applications and all requested materials for Mary Love Collins Memorial Scholarship is March 1, 2017.
For a complete list of Chi Omega Foundation Scholarships and requirments click here.
Forms and Information
Applications will be available on-line on November 20, 2016
Check scholarships for Deadline submission dates.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.